Friday, February 1, 2013

Welcome To My Life: January 31, 2013

Hello and Welcome To My Life:

I have a million ideas going through my head right now.. so anyways, one of those ideas is to blog about my everyday life. Someday I would like to be able to go back and read about the journey I took to get to where I dream to go. Maybe those goals and dreams will change along the way but it will be fun to be able to see the road that was taken to get there. So I will hopefully blog every night, but for starters I will blog about yesterday..

January 31, 2013:

Let's be honest though, my life is not that exciting so read on if you want to be bored out of your mind ;)

My only goal for yesterday was to take a trip to Ulta because it was my goal for the previous day but snowstorm Denise kind of ruined that with dumping 9" of snow on us. I could have driven to Ulta the day before, but let's be honest, I might not be a crazy driver but I do not wish to be involved in somebody else's accident. When it snows like it did on Wednesday, I prefer to stay inside, where it is safe and warm; why risk my life?

So, let's get to yesterday, Thursday--I get off track easily.

My day typically starts with a cup of coffee, checking social medias, e-mail, etc.. Well, you already heard from me yesterday about my great discovery of the 365 questions blog series so I won't bore you again with that. Before I set out to go to Ulta this was my beautiful view:

 
I am going to be honest with everyone here: I LOVE winter, snow, and the cold. I love wearing my UGGs and my cute and warm glittens. I can't really wear big comfy sweaters and boots when it is 60 degrees out, now can I? Winter is my favorite season. Fall is second; we can just skip the other two :)

I had a 20% off from Ulta that expires on Saturday, so my trip was much required. A great opportunity to stock up on my Philosophy staples and pick up a couple new products to try out:



Staples:
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
  • Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Moisturizer
New products:
  • OPI Nail Envy Sensitive and Peeling Nail Strengthener
  • Garnier Moisture Rescue Refresh Gel Cream
Hopefully these products work well, I have been experiencing some dry patches on my skin so I am hoping that the gel cream will work because I really did not want to spend the extra money on Philosophy Hope in a Jar. I have yet to find a cure for my nails peeling so we will give this nail strengthener a try; I have already tried the brittle nails one but that one did not seem to help. Any suggestions?

The rest of my day was quite boring. I put together a batch of vegetables and roasted them in the oven and then read a book (The Secret by Beverly Lewis--Amish ways of life fascinate me) and drank some delicious Twinnings Christmas tea until I went into work at 4:30. That was my extremely exciting day.. other than coming home from work and cuddling in my warm bed and watching The Santa Clause--and no, Christmas is NEVER over for me :)

Hopefully I will post later today.. about today's exciting adventures.

OOTD
Sweater: Forever21
White Long-Sleeved Shirt: TJ Maxx (I think)
Jeans: American Eagle
Boots (not shown): Bare Traps Kyette boots in Brush Brown--Famous Footwear

QOTD:
"If you are looking for the love of your life, stop. He will be waiting for you when you to start doing things you love."--Dave Radparvar

No comments: