Sunday, February 3, 2013

Welcome To My Life: February 3, 2013

Hello and Welcome To My World:

Even though my favorite NFL football team, the Green Bay Packers, were not in the Super Bowl this year I was still excited for it. I had invited a couple friends over for a little Super Bowl get together with a ton of food! Thank goodness for Pinterest; I had a board with all of the Super Bowl goodies I had planned to make.

I spent most of my afternoon cooking and preparing the food (with a little help from a friend). It took me/us 4 hours to make all of the food, but it was totally worth it!


The Super Bowl Menu:
Mini Meatloaves
Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
Spicy Cauliflower
Cherry Tomato, Basil, and String Cheese Hors d'Ĺ“uvre--they were served with the rest of the food though--I put my friend Kendra in charge of this
Taco Dip--I put my friend Kendra in charge of this
Veggie Tray
Fruit Kabobs--I put my friend Kendra in charge of this
Rye Bread (shaped like a football!) and Spinach Dip

Being that my dad has diabetes and my family (except my mother) have high cholesterol I tried to go a healthier route with the food selections. Anything that needed sour cream as a base I just used non-fat Greek yogurt. The only dip that had sour cream was the spinach dip because I bought that; everything else I made myself. My friend Kendra helped me with a few of the items--she claimed this is the most cooking she had ever done, I suppose I will give her more lessons ;) 

Of course, I had made a cake--that was not healthy! I left 1/4 of the cake un-frosted for my dad though.


The food was finished right after the kick-off so we just ate and enjoyed the game, it was all very delicious!

What a roller coaster game that was! From the start I was cheering for the Ravens because I had always kind of liked that team, so that was my reason for choosing them. Up until the partial blackout at the game it was all very exciting for the Ravens.. and then it went down hill and there were many nail biting moments! In the end, the Ravens came out on top so I was very happy. My purple socks (you will see in the OOTD below) were lucky after all!

After the game, my friends went home and I did the dishes and went to bed. It was a very exhausting day.. cooking is a lot of work--but I love it!

OOTD:
Blush Tank: Aerie
Aqua Button-Up Shirt: American Eagle
Gray/Green Jacket: Kohl's (years ago!)
Jeans: Refuge (TJ Maxx) 
Purple Fuzzy Socks: Gift from my aunt 2 Christmases ago

SOTD:
You Give Me Something - James Morrison

QOTD:
"Do more of what makes you happy."--Author unknown

No comments: