Friday, February 1, 2013

Welcome To My Life: February 1, 2013

Hello and Welcome To My Life:

I was thinking today would be a rather boring day. Be lazy and go to work for 8 hours.. that is not at all how things went down.

My first adventure of the day started when my dad requested that I go to a grocery store with him to help him pick out the food I needed for the little Super Bowl party that I'm having with my friends. I rolled out of bed, showered, got ready, and went to the grocery store with my dad. All was going well until we packed all of the food (including fresh produce, by the way) in the car and tried to start the car. The poor car did not start.. did I mention that it was -5 degrees this morning? So there we were: stuck in a grocery store parking lot, freezing our bums off until my mom was able to pick us up. I was so worried about my poor fresh produce for my party! I think all is well and none of it froze, but it was not a pleasant experience to say the least.. I was just thankful I had worn my knitted ear warmer headband and cozy glittens (have I mentioned that I love winter accessories?!).

After that I just went home and blogged about my previous day (while cuddled in a blanket, of course!) and then made myself some lunch: Homemade mac & cheese in a bowl--DELICIOUS!!

But as most days go, I packed a lunch and went to work for 8 hours--man was it hectic at that grocery store today! I think people are getting ready for an unimportant Super Bowl (for us Packer fans that is). Oh well, my shift went quickly so that was nice. After work I had to finish up my grocery shopping for the party (don't worry, I will post pictures of all of the delicious food--if it comes out okay).

To end my night I went to and hung out with some friends at one of my friend's new apartment. We just ate lots of food (Hawaiian pizza, Chinese food, fruit pizzas, salsa, and Birthday Cake Oreos) and watched Friends--what a great show to watch with friends. It is now almost 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 2nd (I am backdated this blog, of course!) and I will be heading off to bed now. Have a great night (or day, depending on when you read this)!

OOTD:
Chambray Shirt: American Eagle
Cardigan: Forever21
Yellow Corduroy Skinnys: Target
Boots: Black Short UGGs

QOTD:
"I'm gonna make the rest of my life, the best of my life."

No comments: