Saturday, February 2, 2013

Welcome To My Life: February 2, 2013

Hello and Welcome To My Life:

Today was a pretty chill day. Shockingly I slept in until 9:30 (well, not surprising since I did not go to sleep until about 4:00 a.m.)--and to my friends who make fun of me for saying "maybe I will sleep in until 7:30", there! I can sleep later than that.

While my coffee maker was brewing some coffee I did my dishes and thought of a great idea! Why not create my own website? It is something that I have occasionally thought about and wanted the time to do it, well, now I have the time! So, most of my morning I spent creating a website using Weebly (a tool I had learned about and used in school). It is coming along wonderfully but I am still coming up with ideas for it and have changed it over 100 times it seems.

Since I was not able to have my study session on Wednesday because my online school portal was down, my goal for today was to have my Starbucks study session today. I like to get out of my house and go somewhere that I can easily focus on my school and not be distracted by my family and random tasks that I think of so Starbucks is where I go. One reason for Starbucks is because there is one about 5 minutes from my house; cannot get much closer than that! I had my free drink (Starbucks Rewards are awesome!) on my card so I ordered a Quad Venti Vanilla Spice Latte--might as well go all out if its going to be free (I needed the extra caffeine as well!). With my latte at hand, I powered my way though my classwork and then worked on my website.


I am hoping to put together a section on my website designated to talk about fashion in the workplace. My goal is to work in an office and there are certain guidelines that should be followed (not everyone does) so I would like to share some outfits that I had put together while interning. I have asked my photographer friend to possibly do a photo shoot of them as well--he seems willing!

After my Starbucks session, I went home and did my weekly laundry. Another task I do every Saturday is wash my makeup brushes.. while I was washing my kabuki brush, this happened:


I guess it is time to say goodbye to that brush. I have been wanting to buy a new one from Sigma anyways, but I never could bring myself to buy it because I already have one.. well, now I have an excuse! This brush was a nice brush though, it lasted probably 5 years and was super soft. I suppose I will go back to using a regular foundation brush until I have the money to purchase the one from Sigma.

In preparation of tomorrow's Super Bowl get-together, I baked a small chocolate cake. I had left over butter cream frosting (which I used food coloring to make it a beautiful purple color--wonder who I am cheering for?) from the other day and had placed it in the refrigerator, let's just say, it was rock solid. I hope that it will soften again so I can use it on my cake! Is butter cream frosting not supposed to be refrigerated?

To end my night, I am going to answer the next "365 question" on my website and hopefully finish watching The Santa Clause--it takes me several nights to finish a movie; I always fall asleep!

OOTD:
Cream sweater: Urban Behaviour (bought YEARS ago, I do not think they are still in business; I know the store in my mall was not there long)
Black & cream sweater dress: Kohl's (bought years ago)
Gray leggings: American Eagle
Scarf: World Market
Boots: Black short UGGs

QOTD:
"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."--Maya Angelou
SOTD (Song(s) of the day):
The Man Who Can't Be Moved - Straight No Chaser
Find Me (Stripped) - Christina Grimmie

No comments: