Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome To My Life: February 5, 2013

Hello and Welcome To My Life:

Today was a fairly busy day. A little fact about me, I refuse to make additional alarms on my phone so even if I do not need to be awake until 8:00 a.m. I will still set my alarm for 7:30 a.m. because I am too lazy to make a new one. So, anyways I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and got ready for work. I had a short shift at work (10-2p) and after work, I went grocery shopping (I do some grocery shopping for my family and sometimes pick up a few items for myself). I needed a couple items to bake some cupcakes for tonight because it was my friend, Olivia's birthday.

Once I got home, I did my weekly job search (I typically do it on Monday's, that is when my reminder/checklist is set for), but I did not have time yesterday so I did it today. I found an IT administrative assistant position at a global company and applied for it. Other than that, I did not see much that I was interested in.

Around 5:00 p.m. my friend, Shannen came over so we could bake cupcakes for Olivia's birthday. I had never made Red Velvet anything before so it was definitely an experience; it was messy and looked slightly like a murder scene! I also forgot to take the butter for the cream cheese frosting out of the refrigerator, so while that was sitting by the fire, we picked up our friend, Kendra (her car was in the shop). We went back to my house and made the beautiful lime green frosting for the cupcakes.

After running an errand and meeting up with another friend and stopping for Starbucks, we returned to my house to frost and decorate the cupcakes (this way we could say EVERYONE helped with the cupcakes!).



We were about to head off to Olivia's house to hang out with her for her birthday when I knocked over my coffee. Lemme tell you, that royally bombed; I was depending on that caffeine to keep me up for awhile! Later, I just stole one of Olivia's birthday presents (okay, I asked), Dr. Pepper--to help keep me awake. So anyways, we just hung out for awhile at Olivia's--it was a great time.



OOTD:
I forgot to take a picture of my outfit, so no outfit of the day, today. Sorry!

SOTD:
Dream - Priscilla Ahn

QOTD:
 "Just because something isn't happening for you right now, doesn't mean that it will never happen."--Author unknown

No comments: