Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Welcome To My Life: February 12, 2013

Hello and Welcome to My Life:

So my plan for today was to do my job search and work on my school project. I did not really accomplish either according to my plan, anyways.

I should probably mention that the Amish fascinate me. I do not know what it is about them, but I enjoy reading and learning about the Plain life. So when my parents announced that they were going to an Amish country store (they sell bulk foods) I just had to go! I had never met an Amish person or spoken to one before.

This Amish store is about an hour away from where I live, but I enjoyed the drive with my parents (I read a book). I find driving through the country to be fun.. and it is beautiful--especially with the snow! I know I could never live out in the county, but there is definitely a certain appeal to it.

When we arrived at the store, there was a horse and carriage at the hitching post--I could not resist a picture! I believe this is considered a family carriage (they are completely enclosed). This site kind of made my day.


Now I can say that I have spoken to Amish people! The store was cute! There was an amazing quilt there too. I cannot wait to go back!

Down the road from the store there is a patch of road with stone sticking out, it is a place my mother likes to stop and take pictures. We stopped and I posed for a few; this is the only one that came out okay:

After we got home, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, came home, ate dinner, started my job search, made steel cut oatmeal, and now I am going to read a book until I go to sleep.

OOTD:
Scarf: Aerie
Shirt: Loft
Pleather Jacket: Forever21
Jeans: American Eagle

SOTD:
Begin Again - Colbie Caillat

QOTD:
"When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed them."

No comments: