Friday, March 1, 2013

Welcome To My Life: March 1, 2013

Hello and Welcome To My Life:

Today was such a good day! I woke up early and went for a run, but that turned into a walk because my ankle is still sprained (probably is not a good idea to run on a sprained ankle, eh?). After my run, I did some other workouts, mainly ab workouts.

Most of the afternoon, I was reading The Outliers: Stories of Success--such an interesting book! I was not supposed to have a car today because my brother's car has been in the shop (for 3 weeks!), but he came home with the car I drive because his was all fixed. Since, I had a car again I decided I was going to go to the mall to get a dress for an awards dinner on Monday night. Before going shopping, I went walking around my neighborhood for an hour.

As I was getting ready for my walk, I got a phone call from a company that I had applied at on February 13th. I now have an interview on Monday!

Today was full of fitbit accomplishments. I got the 10,000 steps badge and the 15,000 steps badge! I also met my daily goal of going 5 miles (I went over 7 miles!), and I had an active score over 100%! This fitbit is really motivating me to being more active and overall healthy. I am eating so much more healthy now (besides a minor slip up).

I had a million different things I needed at the mall, but the most important things was a dress for Monday night. I tried on six different dresses (two are not pictured--they looked horrible!). Dress shopping always makes me feel so insecure about my figure :/:


Guess what one I chose? I was planning on spending $80 on a dress, but I got this one for $40 (sale rack plus a student discount) at The Limited. I will post a picture of my outfit on Monday so you will find out what one I chose. I also went to Target and WalMart. I needed some workout stuff from Target and necessities at WalMart.

I had wanted to go to a local coffee shop tonight (live music too), but one of my friends did not want to go so I ended up going to her house. We ate cupcakes, guacamole (I did not! EWW), and played Just Dance 2 (I had never played that before. Btw, I cannot dance). One of my friends was craving a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's so we made a trip there. That was my slip up, I got some fries too--whoops! But, my shake did not have whip cream, so that makes it better, right? I ended up going home soon after we got the shakes. I have to work in the morning so it is time for me to go off to sleep.

OOTD: (Excuse my pink fitbit)
Sweater: Loft
Distressed jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch (Plato's Closet)
Boots: Famous Footwear

SOTD:
Dearest Foresaken - Iron & Wine

QOTD:
"One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart."--Linda Poindexter

No comments: