Monday, March 4, 2013

Welcome To My Life: March 4, 2013

Hello and Welcome To My Life:

Today was such a great day! I had an interview this morning for a receptionist position in a company that is about a 25 minute drive from where I live. I thought it went very well and I learned a lot more about the company. It is a growing company and it seems like it would be a great place to work. I can tell your right now that I honestly hope I get this job. The whole interview process was very comfortable and it was just like having conversation with people. My last interview was not at all like that.

After my interview, I met up with my friend who lives in a neighboring city to where I was and we went to a cool cafe/deli downtown in that city. I actually know somebody (or used to know the person) who works there so that was one of reasons why I wanted to go there (her pictures of latte art sucked me in). I had a delicious Bean Wrap--named after the person I knew. My honey latte was delicious as well, but it was not made by the person I knew--she wanted to but somebody had already made it. It was nice catching up with her a bit too. Also, it was good catching up with my friend that I met up with! I have not seen her in a couple months and a lot has changed in her life so it was great to catch up.

Once I got home, I changed out of my lovely interview outfit and went to the library to pick up/return a few items. After that errand (plus a trip to the bank for my brother), I took a walk. It was only a 2 mile walk because I needed to get ready for the banquet, but I stopped and talked to one of my neighbors who visits me at the grocery store all the time. Sweet old guys are so nice! Ha.

The award banquet was very nice, and inspiring! It is amazing that I was even nominated! My mother had to also point out that I was the youngest person nominated. However, being that my initials are AA, I tend to be first for everything, tonight was the same: I had to give my (not prepared) speech first. They spelled my last name wrong in the pamphlet as well (I am used to that by now!).

The food was made by culinary students at my school and it was amazing. Here is a picture of the yummy dessert:


Here is the beautiful award I was given and some pretty flowers:

Now, it is time to go to sleep! I am taking my brother's girlfriend to an outlet mall tomorrow so I need my "beauty" rest.

OOTD: You get two! Interview and banquet outfits.
Interview Outfit:
Burgundy Shirt: Express
Pleather Trim Boyfriend Jacket: American Eagle
Pleather Trim Black Pants: Express
Gold Watch: American Eagle
Necklace: Forever21 (I think)

Banquet Outfit:
Dress: The Limitied
Tights: Target
Nude Pumps (not pictured): Kohl's

SOTD:
The Stable Song - Gregory Alan Isakov

QOTD:
"You are much stronger than you think."

No comments: