Saturday, August 15, 2015

Thankful for Weekends


The thing I love about my new position at work is that it keeps me extremely busy. I am responsible for many new things that have to be done everyday, which can be very exhausting! Throw in a few new hires and the receptionist on vacation and I am running around like a chicken with its head chopped off (gruesome image, I know).

I am extremely thankful for the weekend; it is a time for me to relax, write, read, get chores done, and just feel in control of things. However, this weekend will not be as relaxing as I would like because my church is hosting a community corn roast today. It is supposed to be 90 degrees outside (too warm for my liking) today but it should be fun. A friend of mine will be coming out for it so that will be nice.

This week at the women’s group was a little different than usual. We are still reading Girls With Swords by Lisa Bevere and we covered chapter 6 this week. It is nice to discuss books with a group because you all get something different from these books and it is really great to be able to share all of our thoughts. Unfortunately, at the end of our group time, a couple of the women found out one of their friend’s parents were separating which was very disappointing. We are praying that this will be an opportunity for this young woman to grow closer to God and will turn into a positive thing even though at this point is extremely painful.

That just about wraps up my week thus far.

Currently Reading:
You Have A Brain by Ben Carson
Girls With Swords by Lisa Bevere
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

Scriptures:
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. - Psalms 119:105

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. We don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. – Romans 8:26

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. – Colossians 3:23-24

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. – Psalms 62:8

No comments: